FINAL Opportunity for Registration for the 2021/22 season will be open from: July 1, 2021 at 12pm to July 15, 2021 at 8pm.
*** Please be advised that returning players will be charged a $50 late registration fee (included in the cost for each program). ***
Applications will have a time stamp on them within our system, this will help us manage number of goalies and players per team. There may be an opportunity to register at a later date, but at that time there will be a late fee for returning players.
*** Please note if you are planning to try our for TIER 1, you MUST register with Sooke as your home association first. ***
This year's registration are being conducted entirely online through the Sooke & District Minor Hockey Association Website. Each player registration must be completed individually, you may NOT register multiple players at once.
The registration cost consists of two components, the registration fee itself, and the $100 fundraising fee that families can recover by selling raffle tickets at the beginning of the season. *** NOTE *** The fundraising fee DOES NOT apply to the U21 program.
You have three different payment options to choose from during registration:
- Online Payment with your Credit Card; single payment option only
- Offline Payment via eTransfer(s); single payment option only - full details are listed below
- Offline Payment via Cheque(s); single payment option only - full details are listed below
*** The online registration includes a question for those applying for funding assistance. To be eligible for this you must email your application confirmation to email@example.com
Email Address Verification During Registration:
*** Please note that because EMAIL ADDRESSES are so integral to successful communications within SDMHA our online registration process for both new and returning players requires the re-entry of each email address entered to ensure that they are entered correctly during the registration process. ***
For new players:
- Select "NO" for "Are you a returning Player?"
- Follow the instructions provided.
For returning players:
- When prompted, select "YES" for "Are you a returning Player?"
- Enter the PLAYER's first and last name, and Date of Birth.
- Enter the player's access code.
*** If you do not know the access code, click the blue link under the access code input box "What's my Access Code?". A separate page will then open. Enter your PLAYER's first and last name, and Date of Birth and click SUBMIT to receive an email that includes the Access Code. This email will be sent either to the email address(es) on file for each of the PARENT(S) connected to the player, OR if no parent email address(es) are on file, it will be sent to the email address on file for the PLAYER. *** See the sample screen shots below.
- Once you have logged in, follow the instructions provided.
*** Please remember that although you are registering a returning player, you are still required to RE-ENTER each email address associated with the player's registration in order to proceed ***
Registration Costs and Monthly Payment Breakdown for 2021/22 Season:
|Age Group ||Birth Year ||Reg. Cost |
|U6 ||2016 || $685 + $100 |
|U7 ||2015 || $880 + $100 |
|U9 ||2013-14 || $880 + $100 |
|U11 ||2011-12 || $990 + $100 |
|U13 ||2009-10 || $990 + $100 |
|U15 ||2007-08 || $1020 + $100 |
|U18 ||2004-06 || $1030 + $100 |
|U21 ||2001-03 ||$450 |
eTransfer Offline Payment Instructions:
- For eTransfer payment(s), please send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- password: sookehockey
- include: Player's Full Name in the memo
- Full registration payment(s) must be received no later than August 31, 2021. Failure to send payment(s) by this date may result in removal of registration
Paying by Cheque(s) Offline Payment Instructions:
- Please make cheque(s) payable to: Sooke Minor Hockey Association
- Include: Player's Full Name on the memo line.
- Please mail your cheque(s) to:
Sooke Minor Hockey
P.O. Box 383
Sooke, BC V9Z 1G1
Online Registration Assistance Information:
- If you have difficulties during registration, please ensure that you review the above instructions including how to obtain your player access code. If you are still having issues after reading all of the above information, please email email@example.com for assistance with only the words "REGISTRATION HELP" in the subject line to ensure a prompt response. Include your name, your player's name, DOB, your question and a contact number where you can be reached. Please restrict your questions to registration issues only, as the webmaster will not be answering any questions/concerns regarding registration fees.
- We would also ask that you DO NOT email any other executive members, your coordinator or team manager directly with questions/concerns regarding registration or registration fees.
*** One small note for those paying OFFLINE, please just ignore the "Please enter your credit card information to process a payment" message that appears just above the "Submit Registration" button on the payment page, looks like this is a GOALLINE bug (see screenbelow) ***
Refund Policy: Players who withdraw due to injury, illness or family relocation will be entitled to 100% of unused Regular Registration Fees less an administration fee. Special consideration may be granted by SMHA Executive to a player in an extraordinary circumstance.