Referee in Chief & Assigner:
Marianne Waldemaras - email@example.com
OFFICIALS LOGIN PAGE:
RIC/ASSIGNOR ADMIN LOGIN:
Please make sure you register for the correct level.
There are four choices...
Level 1 = 16 years and younger
Level 2 = 17 years and older (Two options)
- Returning Level 2 Officials
- New Level 2 Officials
Level 3 = Invite only
If you have any questions, please contact the BC Hockey office or email the RIC
6671 Oldfield Road
Saanichton, BC V8M 2A1
Get credits towards Graduation.
Looking for extra credits to put towards your graduation? Well look no further, become a Sooke minor hockey official and we will help get you those credits as well as you can stay in shape and have some fun with others who are already part of the officiating program. Credits are made possible thru the External Sport Credentials Program (ESCP) which gives opportunities to student-participants to obtain graduation credits through reaching a standard in the Ministry of Education approved external courses. This program is administered and monitored by the Ministry of Tourism, Sport and the Arts - Sport Branch. So get involved and tell your friends to come out and have some fun and be part of a great team.
For all forms please go to the "Forms" Tab on the side.
Officiating - Levels
- Simply register for a Level I clinic to get started.
- To prepare a young or new official to officiate minor hockey
- An individual is certified at Level I with attendance and completion of a Level I clinic - eight (8) hours of instruction, minimum
- Completion of a national exam must be marked and returned prior to the completion of the clinic
- Minimum age to participate in the Level I clinic is 12 years old on or before December 31 of the current season
- To further enhance the training and skills of the minor hockey official.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old as of December 31 of the current season
- Must attend all sessions of the Level II clinic, a minimum eight (8) hours in duration, and obtain a minimum of 70% on a written national exam to be marked and returned prior to the completion of the clinic
- Must pass a practical, on-ice evaluation, performed by a qualified Branch Hockey Canada Officiating Program supervisor.
- To prepare officials capable of refereeing Minor Hockey playoffs, minor hockey Regional Playoffs and Female National Championship or being linesmen in Junior B, Senior, Bantam or Midget Regional Championships
- Must be fully certified at Level II and referee at least one year at that level in order to register for Level III
- Must attend and participate in all sessions at a Level III clinic, a minimum of eight hours of instruction, and must obtain a minimum of 80% on a written national examination, to be marked and returned prior to the completion of the clinic
- Must pass a practical, on-ice evaluation, performed by a qualified Branch Hockey Canada Officiating Program supervisor
- Must be judged capable of refereeing in Minor Hockey Playoffs