The SDMHA Communicable Disease Plan (CDP) has been updated to include the latest Vancouver Island Amateur Hockey Association (VIAHA) masking requirements and the latest vaccination requirements from the Public Health Office (PHO).
A copy of the updated CDP can be found here: SDMHA Communicable Disease Plan
- Mandatory for all U11 and above players/team staff while inside facilities, including dressing rooms (and on the bench for coaches), as per VIAHA mandate (masks not required on ice or to/from ice).
- Mandatory for all spectators 12 years and older inside facilities.
- Strongly recommended by SDMHA for everyone, regardless of age while inside facilities.
- Mandatory for everyone 12 years and older to attend an indoor event, including those spectating indoor youth sports.
- All SDMHA spectators 12 years and older must provide proof of vaccination to the team manager prior to entering the facility, visiting team managers must provide proof for their spectators.
- Failure to adhere to vaccination requirements may lead to individual fines, Association fines, and the loss of the SEAPARC ice contract for SDMHA.
EXEMPTIONS - Those 21 years old and younger attending SEAPARC to PARTICIPATE in a youth sport activity, or those who are required to SUPERVISE a youth sport activity, are NOT required to provide proof of vaccination status, this specifically includes players, coaches, and team safeties.
NOTE: Spectating is NOT considered part of youth sport activity. All spectators, including parents/guardians, other family members (such as siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents), friends and the general public MUST have valid government ID and proof of vaccination for all games and practices.
It will take a few days for team managers to check vaccination proof, however, anyone wanting to spectate will need to have proof of vaccination and valid government ID on hand to watch.
Please be advised that PHO and CRD Bylaw Officers will be attending facilities to conduct spot checks over the coming days and weeks to confirm compliance with the Health Order.